Overview: SpendMend® works exclusively with hospitals, healthcare systems, and higher education organizations. We offer a unique suite of recovery audit, telecommunications, and consulting services. The Auditor conducts internal audits for clients’ Accounts Payable Departments to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy, and efficiency of records, and recovery of lost revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Audits records of accounts payable departments looking for sources of lost revenue.
• Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, or other means of lost revenue.
Researches validity of suspected revenue loss.
• Documents, prepares, and submits reports for client and management by providing documented and supportive details.
• Makes recommendations to client and management for preventing future losses.
• Performs as part of an investigative team carrying out various roles, including supervisory, as needed.
• Calls on clients’ vendors to investigate the validity of suspected claims.
• Ensures client and management are well informed of issues arising from the audit process.
• Performs duties at client sites adhering to the clients’ policies of work schedule, dress, etc.
Skills: The individual must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills for contact with clients and vendors. It is imperative to be extremely analytical with strong mathematical skills. The individual must be professionally minded; well organized; self-directing; possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills and be a highly motivated team player. The individual must be prepared to commit the time and resources necessary to successfully obtain the desired results of the position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Authorization: Must be eligible to work In the United States. SpendMend is not willing to sponsor candidates who require work visas.