Overview: Work collaboratively to successfully deliver clinical, financial, and operational performance improvements to our clients. Design, develop, and write functional code, and utilize the various technologies provided by the organization, to finish tasks rapidly to allow SpendMend to close projects and achieve client goals. Be a valuable member of SpendMend.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use Visual Basics to code and extract document information.
- Effective communication in meetings, through email, on the phone and written reports.
- Maintain and test code base
- Resolve problems in code or configurations.
- Mitigate errors, misspellings and inaccuracies when extracting data
- Work with SpendMend team to solve complex problem
- Innovation and creativity to perform work more efficiently
- Provide accurate data, information, updates, and documentation in Project Management System.
- Grow into Senior Programmer role within two years of hired and /or promotion date
- Other duties as assigned
- Honesty & Integrity
- Accuracy/ Attention to Detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Self-starter who will take initiative to effect positive change
- Commitment & Follow Through
- Maintain confidentiality/ HIPAA compliance
- Ability to organize and coordinate a large volume of diverse work
- Desire for continuous self-improvement
- Strong Work Ethic
- Fast Paced
- Able to Quickly Refocus on Tasks
- Able to Work Extended Hours
- Proactive / Resourceful
- Communication: written and verbal
- Ability to read and understand data
- Note taking and Listening skills
- Troubleshooting: Determine cause of Operating error and decide what to do about it
- Active Learning and adaptation to program language
- Advanced use in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Acrobat
- Working knowledge of SQL and backend servers.
- Ability to adapt to code language
- Programming –VB.Net required, VBA, Java, C++, Other, are a plus
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or minimum 2 years of software development experience, preferably in Healthcare Consulting and Analytics is required. The individual must be computer literate and have general knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite software programs; be able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; and work as part of a team and/or independently.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Authorization: Must be eligible to work In the United States. SpendMend is not willing to sponsor candidates who require work visas.