As a SpendMend Data Engineer you will play a role in improving U.S. patient care while working with data from the largest Healthcare Systems across the nation. You’ll work collaboratively with other Business, IT, and Software Engineering SpendMenders to understand the challenges facing our customers and then build and maintain data models, transformation pipelines, ML/AI models, and other internal and external data products to uncover key insights and effective strategies for cost containment and optimization.
What you will do
- Develop and maintains scalable data pipelines and build out new integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Manage and maintain the SpendMend catalog of data assets (data models) along with the jobs and tools that feed them.
- Work with stakeholders and leaders to develop strategy for long term data architecture.
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Develop and implement scripts for database maintenance, monitoring, performance tuning, etc.
Desired Skills, Traits, & Technologies
- Always professional and personable
- Team player
- Continuous learner
- Languages: Python/Spark/Scala/SQL
- Data Transformation – ETL/ELT
- Database Architecture & Management
- Machine Learning
- Data Analysis / Data Science
- Data Lakes
- Data Warehousing
- Business Intelligence
- Data Visualization
- Azure Databricks
- Azure Data Factory
- Delta Lakes
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree or five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work Authorization: Must be eligible to work In the United States. SpendMend is not willing to sponsor candidates who require work visas.