Position: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
Overview: SpendMend works exclusively with hospitals, healthcare systems, and higher education organizations. We offer a unique suite of recovery audit, telecommunications, and consulting services. The Staff Accountant position is responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions of SpendMend, as well as miscellaneous administrative duties that may arise from time to time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Controller, onsite.
- Receive, code, and process accounts payable invoices and employee expense reports for payment.
- Prepare and process accounts payable check runs weekly or as needed.
- Maintain and monitor the company’s checking, credit card, and line of credit accounts.
- Enter accounts receivable invoices and payments into financial software and management spreadsheets.
- Reconcile designated balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Prepare month-end standard journal entries.
- Assist in month-end closing and reporting procedures.
- Assist with preparing and entering all payroll information.
- Assist with bi-weekly review and processing of payroll.
- Prepare and distribute monthly incentive and job cost reports.
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree or three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. An understanding of accounting functions with an overall understanding of business flow is necessary to be successful. The individual must be computer literate and have general knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite software programs; be able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and work as part of a team and/or independently. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL is a plus.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; and the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors and other employees of the organization.
Work Authorization: Must be eligible to work In the United States. SpendMend is not willing to sponsor candidates who require work visas.