Written By: Jake Thompson, email@example.com
Earlier this month we announced that the 340B Referral Capture program has been made available to all current and new clients moving forward. Since this announcement, we have been receiving calls daily about this service, so we wanted to highlight a few points of interest which arise frequently in these conversations.
How can I learn more?
Check out our website (https://www.spendmend.com/solutions/pharmacy-solutions/) for more details about the offering.
How do I know if my organization can benefit?
We can help you assess that. To start, there are a few key items that may help you quickly understand if the service can assist your needs.
1. Clinic Setup: Do you have primary care clinics as part of your 340B Covered Entity (CE)?
- Having primary care clinics helps you, as the CE, establish patient responsibility of care for any potential referral to a specialist. If you are unsure, we can quickly help you assess this by evaluating your most-recently filed Medicare Cost Report or the services consistent with your scope of grant.
2. Specialists: Are your patients routinely being referred to non-CE specialty clinics?
- These documented referrals are what we can help track down in order to evaluate potential 340B eligible prescriptions. If you are unsure how to assess, we can help you get the right data out of your EMR to evaluate.
3. Contract Pharmacy Network: Does your CE have relationships with the pharmacies that fill specialty prescriptions for your patients?
- Having a contract pharmacy network in place can facilitate 340B Referral Capture savings. If you do not, we can help evaluate which pharmacies would benefit you to be in contract with and help you with implementation.
4. Documentation: Does your CE receive clinical information back from the prescribing specialist after a patient has been seen?
- This documentation helps close the loop for a 340B referral prescription. If you are unsure or lacking in this area, we can help your CE get the necessary clinical information to qualify the prescriptions.
Our team is already overworked, won’t this require a lot of time?
Our team will do all the work to set up the program and administer it and each month you will get a report of all the prescriptions found!
It may be difficult for us to budget this type of service. How can you help?
Our model is based on the shared savings of the realized 340B value of each 340B referral prescription qualified. Therefore, there is no up-front cost, and you only pay us a small portion of the savings when we find 340B savings for your CE.
As always, do not hesitate to reach out to us if you are interested and we can discuss all the details and answer any questions. We would love to help your CE regain any 340B savings that have been eroded during these uncertain times.