By Kylee Savage
Thanksgiving is an important holiday for SpendMend – we know we have so much to be thankful for. We are thankful for our employees; our employees’ families; our partners; our clients; and for the healthcare professionals that work at the hospitals we call clients.
In recognition of this year’s holiday, we put together some special quotes about Thanksgiving and Appreciation for everyone to enjoy. As you, your family, and loved ones settle in for some turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes, please use these wise words to kick off some stirring dinner table conversation.
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare. They are consumed in 12 minutes. Halftimes take 12 minutes. This is not a coincidence.” — Erma Bombeck
- “When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty, my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.” — Sam Lefkowitz
- “There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.” —Anonymous
- “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” — Frank W. Clarke
- “When you give and carry out acts of kindness, it’s as though something inside your body responds and says, ‘Yes, this is how I ought to feel.’” — Rabbi Harold Kushner
- “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” —Randy Pausch
- “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” — Alphonse Karr
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” — Willie Nelson
- “Appreciation can change a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put into words is all that is necessary.” — Margaret Cousins
- “Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” — William Arthur Ward
- “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” — W. Clement Stone
Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Enjoy the time off with family and loved ones!