Becky Dykema is a Statement Administrator here at SpendMend and has been with us for 19 years! Asking around the office, you quickly realize that there is no shortage of great things to say about Becky. We asked Jessica Rinehart, who works very closely with Becky, to say a few things about what it is like working with Becky. Jessica was more than happy and said “If you were to meet Becky you could describe her as being the most caring person you will meet at this company. Not only does she care about doing a great job with every task she is given but she also goes out of her way to be friendly to anyone new that joins our company. She is also very approachable with any kind of questions or tasks because you know she will listen and try to help. These kind of qualities makes her a great employee to SpendMend. I have learned so much from her on how to be a better person and how to treat people with respect.” Becky is such a nice and caring person and we’re so lucky to have her on the team! It’s no secret that Becky is truly one of a kind and we hope these interview questions can give you just a glimpse of who Becky is as a person. The last 19 years have been a pleasure and we are so thankful for you Becky!
Interview with Becky:
- What 3 words would you use to describe SpendMend?
- I would have to say comfortable, family-like, friendly.
- What has been your experience with SpendMend community service events?
- I have participated in many of the charity 5k events and have had a blast going to them! I love seeing everyone come together and it’s so nice to see the families of my colleagues.
- What are a few fun facts about you?
- I like to laugh, have fun, and prank people... I’m easy going and approachable!
- Could you elaborate a little bit on some former pranks you pulled around the office?
- I can’t say too much because I don’t want to get in trouble, but there was one prank in the past regarding LeAnne (Our Executive Assistant here at SpendMend)… Everybody knows that LeAnne HATES the color pink and country music. A few years back, LeAnne was taking a short vacation and was going to be gone for a few days. Naturally, while she was gone, I decorated her whole entire office in pink streamers and decorations and changed all her preset stations on her radio to Country music! I guess you could say she was in for a surprise when she returned from vacation… Sorry, LeAnne!
- What type of music or podcasts do you usually listen to during the workday?
- I like to listen to a variety of different music, but mostly country, R&B/Soul, Lite Rock and jazz.
- You’ve been with SpendMend for 19 years, is there anything about the company that is still the same in 2020 as it was from your very first day on the job?
- Yes! The aspect that has not changed at SpendMend is also the reason I love my job. The family-type atmosphere and the way everyone gets along has never changed with the company despite growing over the years, and I love that about SpendMend.