Reports To: Audit Supervisor
Overview: SpendMend works exclusively with hospitals, healthcare systems, and higher education organizations. We offer a unique suite of recovery audit, telecommunications, and consulting services. The Auditor position performs inquiries directed towards our clients’ vendors. The inquiries require obtaining information about the client’s open items on behalf of our client. The results of the inquiries are then used for further review by the field staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with vendors by phone or e-mail requesting a report of open issues.
- Obtain additional documentation (credits) and clarification from vendors.
- Utilizing a database to update and track all requested items until they have been received or the project has been completed.
- Assemble documentation for field staff.
- Communicate your results and additional issues to your supervisor or field staff.
- Perform additional clerical duties within the Support Services Department.
- Research in locating additional phone numbers for projects.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree or three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. An understanding of the accounts payable function with an overall understanding of business flow is necessary to be successful. The individual must be computer literate and have general knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite software programs; be able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; and work as part of a team and/or independently.